Saturday, August 3, 2013
Grumpy Day list
It's summer. I know... things are always fun and bright... until you hit that week when you realize the rest of your summer is laying around at home doing nothing. This can sound relaxing, and it may be relaxing for you, but not for me. I'm starting to get tired of movie days and nothing to do. So I came up with a list of activities for when you are feeling HALT... also known as the four things to make you grumpy.
When you are feeling hungry, angry, lonely, or tired:
1. Hobby lobby has super cheap art supplies; such as canvases and paints. If you aren't into deep art try a finger painting, splatter painting, or a spoon painting (spoon paintings are painting with a spoon instead of a paintbrush which makes a really cool effect!).
2. Make fruit popsicles. I know chocolate and candy can be tempting, but with the right kind of fruit and fruit juices you can make something healthier and cooler with a candy taste. My suggestions for fruit in the summer are watermelon, peaches, or strawberries with lemonade or limeade.
3. If you are tired, it can either be that you've gotten too much sleep or you haven't gotten enough. If you haven't gotten enough sleep the answer is simple. If you can't get enough sleep at night, treat yourself to power naps during the day or even a bubble bath before you go to sleep. If you have gotten too much sleep, try lounging at a pool for an hour. Or, if you aren't too tired, swim. If you don't have a pool, take a walk in a nice park or drive around the roads of a pretty neighborhood.
4. If you are angry, it helps to strongly writing down what you are angry about and really getting your emotions down. Then rip up the paper. Throw it away and write down 3 things that I'm thankful for to refocus my attitude on something positive.
5. Simply take care of yourself and know what you need. treat yourself to baths and make yourself feel pampered. Nothing will feel better than treating yourself to small things to help you feel better every once and a while.