Saturday, August 3, 2013
It's summer. I know... things are always fun and bright... until you hit that week when you realize the rest of your summer is laying around at home doing nothing. This can sound relaxing, and it may be relaxing for you, but not for me. I'm starting to get tired of movie days and nothing to do. So I came up with a list of activities for when you are feeling HALT... also known as the four things to make you grumpy.
When you are feeling hungry, angry, lonely, or tired:
1. Hobby lobby has super cheap art supplies; such as canvases and paints. If you aren't into deep art try a finger painting, splatter painting, or a spoon painting (spoon paintings are painting with a spoon instead of a paintbrush which makes a really cool effect!).
2. Make fruit popsicles. I know chocolate and candy can be tempting, but with the right kind of fruit and fruit juices you can make something healthier and cooler with a candy taste. My suggestions for fruit in the summer are watermelon, peaches, or strawberries with lemonade or limeade.
3. If you are tired, it can either be that you've gotten too much sleep or you haven't gotten enough. If you haven't gotten enough sleep the answer is simple. If you can't get enough sleep at night, treat yourself to power naps during the day or even a bubble bath before you go to sleep. If you have gotten too much sleep, try lounging at a pool for an hour. Or, if you aren't too tired, swim. If you don't have a pool, take a walk in a nice park or drive around the roads of a pretty neighborhood.
4. If you are angry, it helps to strongly writing down what you are angry about and really getting your emotions down. Then rip up the paper. Throw it away and write down 3 things that I'm thankful for to refocus my attitude on something positive.
5. Simply take care of yourself and know what you need. treat yourself to baths and make yourself feel pampered. Nothing will feel better than treating yourself to small things to help you feel better every once and a while.
Monday, May 27, 2013
Hey!!! I don't know about you but the past couple of days I have been studying so hard for my finals!!! I have eight days of school left until summer and it's killing me. I know, I know, I'm suppost to be happy at the end of the year, but it's hard to be happy when you have the annoying teachers, the hard schoolwork, and the never-ending phrase, "school isn't over yet." I know school isn't over yet, but I am ready for summer!!! Iv'e worked so hard this year only for more tests, more lectures, and more stress. Don't get me wrong I am thankful for my teachers, and I am privileged to go to school, considering all the children who don't get to go. But... there comes a time when you need a break, don't you agree?
Friday, May 17, 2013
Recently I went to a Taylor swift concert... Yes, the Red Tour!!!!!! She was amazing, and you can tell that she is very dedicated to her fans. I wish I could have met her!!! She is so sweet, and Ed Sheeran was perfect for he opening act. My favorite song that she sang was her duet with Ed, "Everything Has Changed". I hope someday I can meet this beautiful, amazing, and talented person!!!
Thursday, May 9, 2013
Summer is a time for almost everyone to relax. I enjoy relaxing during the summer but I also love fun activities. Here are a few fun summer ideas :)
1. Go to the beach!!! Invite friends to chill by the waves, or even have a family day at the beach (if your family is into that kind of stuff)
2. Do simple fun activities with your friends!!!
- Find a cool recipe for popsicles or summer smoothies!!!
3. Try new foods!!! I don't know about you but I love eating!!! Find a new crazy restaurant somewhere in your neighborhood, you might end up finding really good food!
-Nap in a hammock
- have a picnic in the park
- stargaze at night on your favorite quilt with your friends
5. Be creative. There are so many things to do in the summer. Although at sometimes you may be bored, try the obvious!!! Maybe there is something really fun to do near your house that you don't know about.